Microgate OptoJump Next, 1m
In this configuration OptoJump Next makes it possible to perform jump tests, reaction tests and running tests (if mounted on a treadmill). The data that can be obtained are:
- contact times
- flight times
- reaction time to a sound/visual impulse
- elevation of centre of gravity
- specific power (W/Kg)
- energy expended (J)
KIT 1m OJ Next (1 cm) includes:
- $OJN001 Optojump Next TX with integrated interface
- $OJN002 1 Optojump Next RX with integrated interface
- $BAG027 1 Bag for Optojump Next / OptoGait single meter
- $CAB149 1 USB Cable A+B
- $OJN016 1 Optojump Next Power Supply 1cm(1-30mt)
- $CAB089 1 Power Cord EU L=2.0m
- $OJN012 1 Power supply extension Optojump Next /
- $OJN015 1 Webcam for Optojump Next / OptoGait
- $ACC080 1 UltraLight systems tripod
- $CAB138 1 USB extension
- $OJNSW 1 Optojump Next
Optojump Next makes it possible:
- to assess an athlete’s performance and physical condition
- to rapidly identify any muscular deficiencies and measure tolerance to various work loads
- to develop customized and diversified training based on the test results
- to periodically check the results of training
- to create a database of athletes in order to compare them with each other or to compare the results of a particular athlete in different periods of time in order to objectively determine the results of training
- to examine the physical condition of an athlete after an injury, to develop specific actions for rehabilitation and check its progress
- to motivate athletes by giving them tangible proof of the progress made, thus stimulating fruitful competition inside the group
- to significantly reduce the trainer’s workload, at the same time allowing him/her to retrieve at any time the results of tests performed even months before
- to make use of an objective “judgement” when talent-scouting or choosing athletes
- and much more…
By acquiring the fundamental parameters that characterise the level of an individual’s performance and physical condition, Optojump Next allows coaches, trainers and researchers to constantly test and monitor their athletes. This makes it possible to ascertain the abilities or physical fitness of an athlete in a simple and immediate way, creating over time a real database that makes it possible to compare values for that athlete or different athletes (even at a distance of months or years).
It is an optical measurement system consisting of a transmitting and receiving bar. Each of these contains 96 leds (1.0416cm resolution). The leds on the transmitting bar communicate continuously with those on the receiving bar. The system detects any interruptions in communication between the bars and calculates their duration.
This makes it possible to measure flight and contact times during the performance of a series of jumps with an accuracy of 1/1000 of a second. Starting from these fundamental basic data, the dedicated software makes it possible to obtain a series of parameters connected to the athlete’s performance with the maximum accuracy and in real time. The absence of moving mechanical parts ensures accuracy and great reliability.
Quantity and Quality
Optojump Next goes beyond the acquisition of numerical data: thanks to small cameras that can be positioned as desired, it allows recording of the images of the tests performed, synchronising them perfectly with the events measured. This makes it possible to enjoy the advantages of cross-checking between data and images and also those deriving from more detailed video analysis through the exploitation of the possibilities offered by the dedicated utility.
The film sequences and all the other data are saved in the database. This makes it possible to consult them at any moment and, as with numerical data, to make comparisons between the performances of different athletes or of the same athlete at different moments.
Brand Microgate Year No